• About C Beech & Sons
  • About C Beech & Sons
  • About C Beech & Sons
  • About C Beech & Sons
  • About C Beech & Sons
  • About C Beech & Sons

Established in 1959 by Cliff Beech, all of us at C.Beech & Sons have been celebrating passing the 50 year milestone in steel stockholding.

C.Beech & Sons became a limited company in 1964 when Cliff’s sons Mick and Colin joined the company.

Having always been based in Netherton, the 2.5 acre Waterside Estate site was purchased as a development opportunity in 1991. The Lloyds Proving House at Waterside Estate was considered derelict when purchased and had to be fully restored and refurbished before accommodating the company. The new premises were opened and fully operational in 1992, with 8 overhead cranes, secure racking and steel handling facilities installed to meet stringent safety standards. The company centralised to the newly refurbished accommodation in 1992, from numerous disparate locations, which remain in our portfolio as rented industrial sites.

pic1pic2

 
The former Lloyds Proving House at Waterside Estate is world famous for its steel produce and chain testing facilities, not least the testing of the chain and anchor of the legendary “Titanic”.

The photographs illustrate the anchor and chain made for the Titanic leaving Lloyds Proving House after it had been tested, the chain and anchor would have been tested to ensure it was safe for working load. The anchor and chain then made their way to Liverpool for the maiden and tragically final voyage of the fateful Titanic.

Special Offers
Trade Credit Application